Although created for the Raspberry Pi, Pi-Hole works perfectly on Ubuntu Server in a virtual machine…
- Create a Hyper-V virtual machine with 512 megabytes of RAM, 1 CPU, a network card (obviously)
- Go to https://www.ubuntu.com/download/server to download the Ubuntu Server ISO.
- Install Ubuntu Server
- After installation, run the following command:
- Log in to your (wireless) router and set the ip-address of the dns-servers in the router to the ip-address of the Pi-Hole virtual machine.
- To check whether it works, go to the Pi-Hole admin page: http://ip-address/admin